Friday, December 10, 2010

Your own argument and opinions

Its unfortunate that we must rely on teamwork in our society. What I mean by this is there’s just no way a person can design a new product that can be sold and at the same time represent themselves in a court of law if infringements occur. Since we must play nice with lawyers while they interpret the law for us, usually we get the short end of the stick. Meanwhile, I’ve learned (from this class) that lawyers don’t take on a case unless they think they can win, and when they do will they’ll take upwards of 40% of the settlement.
Living in a capitalistic society really sickens me that we can be so cut throat all in the name of making more money. It seems that money truly is the root of all evil. When there is many hands in the pot (so to say), it can get messy quickly and legal mumbo jumbo can take a while to sort through and interpret.
I agree with the idea that laws should, and do in fact protect us. However I also must say that just because we have laws doesn’t mean that justice prevails all the time. Every situation is unique and I can’t speak for them. I can say that learning about intellectual property was huge for me as a designer, and has done nothing short of make me a bit nervous about being a successful designer.

No comments:

Post a Comment