Thursday, October 21, 2010

Week 3 EOC: Jeopardy: Challenges and Opportunities

I have actually been on a game show myself, though it was not Jeopardy. I found the task of creating the questions and answers for this assignment fun, at first, then tough as I worked my way past the “easy questions”. There are just so many legal definitions to patents and intellectual property right laws that can get very confusing.

Part of the challenge was training my brain to think backwards in an “answer question” response. This person talks like that regularly. What is, I talk like that regularly? Hum, see how confusing this can get? Talking in riddles is tough. Talking in riddles about patents is, let me phrase it in the form of a question: What is a mind fuck?

Once I was thinking backwards and forwards all at the same time, I came down to my last column of answers. Since I was out of creative juice, I decided to give answers about common acronyms that are associated with Patent Law. For example,”This organization, WTO, was created for the purpose of enforcing the intellectual property and other trade agreements.” Followed by the answer, “What is the World Trade Organization?

Another type of answer/question I put into the board was as follows, “The “filing date” of a patent will generally cause the patent to expire this many years from the date of filing.” The answer, formed as a question, is: What is 20 years?

I hope my game is selected for the class to play, however I must admit, that my answers/questions are somewhat difficult if you didn’t do the reading. But then again, simply filling in the “game show” power point was enough submersions into Patent Law that most will probably do somewhat okay if they were to play my game.

No comments:

Post a Comment